What is the best way to ensure a premature baby grows healthy?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Title: Independent Component 1 
Label: Independent Component 
Due Date: Friday 2/7 by 8AM 

LITERAL 
(a)“I, Michelle Ortega, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Ishan Mesa, nurse at Casa Colina
(c) Linked on the sidebar under "mentorship log"  
(d) To complete my 30 hours from my independent component 1, I attended Casa Colina twice a week for about 4 hours a day. Everyday is different sometimes I'm put to do rounds meaning I have to check in with patients and see if I can help them with anything they need. Sometimes I do paper work and put incoming admins charts together. When I do rounds I get to interact with patients but sometimes its difficult because it isn't as easy to communicate with them due to some patients having hearing problems or not being capable of speaking. 

INTERPRETIVE 

Made Patient and Education folders for incoming admits 


Added Extension number stickers to the patients tv so that it was easier for the patient to see and access

APPLIED
  • This component helped me understand the foundation of being a nurse because it showed me how important it is to know how to communicate and interact with patients. Volunteering at the Hospital has helped me get a feel of what it would be like to have to work with patients and has taught me to be aware of how important it is have patience towards the patients. And I have realized that when working with patients and premature babies patience is key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment